- For the children of our school to be happy, caring, fair, polite, articulate, independent, responsible and confident.
- To be in the top 25% of schools nationally in all subjects.
- To maintain and improve on our Gold Artsmark status.
- To maintain and improve on our Platinum Sing Up status.
- To maintain and improve on our level of musical achievement; which includes an active school orchestra, a Y2/3/4 choir, a Y5/6 Glee Club choir and the aspirational target of over 90% of KS2 children learning a tuned instrument.
- To maintain and improve on our school’s sporting reputation; which includes representing the Cluster schools in County sporting events such as Tag Rugby, High 5 Netball, Hockey, Athletics and Kwik Cricket.
- As a school, to play an active part in the school community and develop key skills to become well-rounded citizens of the 21st century.
Our values are underpinned by our Golden Rules.
- Are gentle
- Are kind
- Work hard
- Respect and look after property
- Listen to people
- Are honest
We encourage all our children to enjoy and achieve in all aspects of school life; to be healthy; to stay safe and to make a positive contribution to our community.
We create a vibrant inclusive learning environment where children:
- Learn to share and care
- Develop good manners and show consideration to and for others
- Develop skills needed for forming relationships, understanding the meaning of loyalty and friendship
- Realise and understand that actions have consequences for oneself and others
- Understand the need for rules and keeping them
- Appreciate strengths and recognise the same in others
- Solve problems, take risks and be creative
- Celebrate their own and others’ achievements
- Learn to value themselves and those around them; respecting spiritual, moral, social and cultural differences in the world in which they live
To support our Vision and Objectives, Ramsbury Primary School will provide a safe, stimulating and secure environment for learning and encourage all our children to:
- Be happy and enthusiastic learners
- Be emotionally literate
- Accept, seek and thrive on challenge
- Act responsibly in their everyday life
- Understand their responsibility towards the environment
- Foster their self-esteem and a sense of achievement
- Develop the skills and attitudes to promote lifelong learning
- Understand discrimination or bullying is not tolerated
- Learn how to become responsible members of society