Here at Ramsbury School, we take pride in our appearance.
Being smart shows we are ready to learn. Although wearing a school uniform in primary schools cannot be enforced, we very strongly encourage it. The smartness of our children is often commented upon by visitors, and when we are out of school we are easily recognised. Children are rewarded for dressing smartly, such as tucking their t-shirts in, with a team point.
We recommend and encourage both boys and girls to wear the following:
- Reversible showerproof fleece*
- Baseball cap*
- Trousers or shorts (Boys)
- Skirt, trousers or shorts (Girls)
- Polo shirt (royal blue or white)*
- Gingham check dress
- Shoes, sandals or trainers
(*Available with the school logo from school.)
To order a school sweatshirt, polo shirt, cardigan, reversible fleece, tracksuit bottoms, skort, cap or book bag simply download and fill in the School Uniform Order Form and hand it in to the school office with full payment by either cheque or cash.
We believe children should come to school in suitable clothes of smart appearance. Casual wear, like jeans, highly coloured shorts and cargo pants are not permitted.
It is essential that children are properly equipped for PE lessons by wearing white/blue t-shirts, black/grey shorts, skort or tracksuit bottoms and plimsolls or trainers.
Children in Class R should bring their PE kit in with them on a Monday and take it home with them on a Friday. PE days and arrangements for all other classes are as follows:
- Class 1: Tuesday, please wear PE kit to school
- Class 2 : Friday, please wear PE kit to school
- Class 3 : Thursday, please wear normal school uniform and Friday, if swimming please wear normal school uniform but no tights; Friday, if not swimming please wear PE kit to school
- Class 4 : Tuesday, please wear PE kit to school and Thursday please wear normal school uniform
- Class 5 : Wednesday, please wear PE kit to school
- Class 6 : Monday, please wear PE kit to school