Ramsbury Primary School is proud to be one of the government’s new English Hubs – one of just 34 schools nationwide, recognised for their excellence in teaching and learning, and now charged with supporting other local schools to raise standards.
If you are a school in Wiltshire, Swindon, East Dorset or the Cotswolds and would like to know about CPD, events and other offers from the Hub please register your interest by clicking here and completing the form.
The aim of our Hub is to support schools to achieve excellence in early literacy teaching through an initial focus on:
Developing early language and closing the word gap
Developing early reading through systematic, synthetic phonics
Promoting a love of reading.
How we can support your school
Join us for a free, full day Showcase training event where senior leaders and teachers can share best practice in phonics and early reading.
During the day supported schools will have the opportunity to:
- Take part in a phonics lesson study to explore the teaching of systematic synthetic phonics through observations and discussion across EYFS, Year 1 and Year 2.
- Complete a school reflection activity to identify the strengths and improvement priorities for their own school, supported by Specialist Teachers. Further support in the form of a full three-day audit will be available to selected schools.
- Find out about access to subsequent support including applying for future funding for resources/training.
For greatest impact we ask that the Head Teacher or Deputy Head Teacher and phonics lead or EYFS/KS1 senior teacher attend the showcase (funding is available towards teacher release costs for qualifying schools).
Conferences and Workshops coming soon!
For more information, please contact Sarah Jerman, English Hub Leader, email@example.com.
After reviewing a school’s reflection activity, Ramsbury English Hub will invite some schools to participate in a school-based audit of their early language and reading provision.
The audit will be led by one of our Specialist Teachers and it will focus on areas such as the school’s phonics programme and consistency, use of decodable books, training of staff and reading for pleasure.
Ramsbury English Hub will offer financial support to up to 85 schools to buy resources/training. These resources will be match-funded by schools (with a cap of £3,000 per school).
However, if schools meet two of the following criteria the Hub has the discretion to offer outright funding at a cap of £6,000 per school:
- Phonics Screening Check score below the national average
- Ofsted Requires Improvement or Inadequate
- Above average numbers of pupils eligible for the Pupil Premium and/or
- The school is in an Opportunity Area