PE Grant for 2019/20
The amount of premium received:
PE Grant allocation of £17,716.
Full breakdown of how this money will be spent:
This grant contributes to:
- Development of active playgrounds and professional development with the introduction of two PlayPods
- Introducing new sports; tennis and dance, as well as top up swimming for those children who were unable to swim 25m by the end of Year 3
|Active playgrounds, PlayPod and professional development||£13,400|
|Swimming top up||£856|
Impact the school has seen on pupils’ PE & sport participation and attainment:
Ramsbury has once again won the Top Performing Primary School in Wiltshire & Swindon in Sport for 2018/19 and we have also won the Wiltshire Sports Award’s – Schools’ Participation Award for 2017/18. We are also extremely proud to have achieved the School Games Platinum Award. From Wiltshire County level competitions we currently rank:
3rd Quad Kids
1st Quad Kids
4th Girls’ Football
How the improvements will be sustainable in the future:
Our consistent approach ensures that we continue to improve our pupils’ sporting achievements each year that they are attend our school, giving them the best possible chance to develop a lifelong passion for PE & sport. We have been the top performing primary school in Swindon and Wiltshire for the past five years and aim to retain our title every year.
How many pupils within Year 6 can do each of the following:
- Swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres: 26/29
- Use a range of strokes effectively: 26/29
- Perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations: 29/29
The positive impact that sport has on attainment is evidenced in a recent paper published by the Education Endowment Foundation.