PE Grant for 2020/21
The amount of premium received:
PE Grant allocation of £17,670.
Full breakdown of how this money will be spent:
This grant contributes to:
- Development of active playgrounds; introducing a new running track and professional development, with the refills of two PlayPods
- Introducing new sports; squash, tennis and dance, as well as top up swimming for those children who were unable to swim 25m by the end of Year 3
|Active playgrounds, running track, PlayPod and professional development||£13,280|
|Swimming top up||£1,539|
Impact the school has seen on pupils’ PE & sport participation and attainment:
Ramsbury has once again won the Top Performing Primary School in Wiltshire & Swindon in Sport for 2019/20. We are also extremely proud to have achieved the School Games Platinum Award. From Wiltshire County level competitions we currently rank:
How the improvements will be sustainable in the future:
Our consistent approach ensures that we continue to improve our pupils’ sporting achievements each year that they are attend our school, giving them the best possible chance to develop a lifelong passion for PE & sport. We have been the top performing primary school in Swindon and Wiltshire for the past five years and aim to retain our title every year.
How many pupils within Year 6 can do each of the following:
- Swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres: 26/29
- Use a range of strokes effectively: 26/29
- Perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations: 29/29
The positive impact that sport has on attainment is evidenced in a recent paper published by the Education Endowment Foundation.