PE Grant for 2021/22
The amount of premium received:
PE Grant allocation of £17,687
Full breakdown of how this money will be spent:
This grant contributes to:
- Development of active playgrounds; professional development, with the refills of two PlayPods
- Introducing new sports; padel tennis, squash, tennis and dance, as well as top up swimming for those children who were unable to swim 25m by the end of Year 3
|Active playgrounds, PlayPod and professional development||£1,300|
|Padel Tennis coaching||£720|
|Swimming top up||£2,775|
|Outside PE classroom area||£7,672|
Impact the school has seen on pupils’ PE & sport participation and attainment:
Ramsbury has once again won the Top Performing Primary School in Wiltshire & Swindon in Sport. We are also extremely proud to have achieved the School Games Platinum Award.
Platinum criteria – only applicable to schools who can demonstrate they have achieved the gold standard for 5 years. We have shown consistent engagement with the School Games, it’s mission and values and as such, we have been able to demonstrate we have had an exceptional impact on participation and on attainment for all pupils.
From Wiltshire County level competitions we currently rank:
Competitions have ceased due to the pandemic.
How the improvements will be sustainable in the future:
Our consistent approach ensures that we continue to improve our pupils’ sporting achievements each year that they are attend our school, giving them the best possible chance to develop a lifelong passion for PE & sport. We have been the top performing primary school in Swindon and Wiltshire for the past five years and aim to retain our title every year.
How many pupils within Year 6 can do each of the following:
- Swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres: 24/25
- Use a range of strokes effectively: 25/25
- Perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations: 25/25
The positive impact that sport has on attainment is evidenced in a recent paper published by the Education Endowment Foundation.