At Ramsbury School we provide a wide range of additional musical opportunities during and after school.
School Music Clubs
- Choir (starting later in the year)
- Orchestra (by invitation)
- Glee Choir (starting later in the year)
- Jazz Band (by invitation)
Individual / Paired Lessons
We are very proud to have huge numbers of children learning to play instruments – over 80% of children in Key Stage 2 learn an instrument! Lessons are available on a wide range of instruments from Year 3 upwards and are provided by either private teachers, or teachers from the Swindon Music Cooperative. Further details, including charges, are available on our Music Tuition Form. Lessons can be booked directly with the school office and payment can be made via ParentMail. Instruments currently available are listed below.
- Violin & Cello – Mr Bott
- Piano – Mrs Taylor
- Brass – Mrs Lomas
- Woodwind and Voice – Mrs Haynes
Swindon Music Cooperative:
- Guitar – Mr Burge
- Drums – Mr Mussard
Children regularly take ABRSM and Trinity Music exams, and we are very proud to have large numbers of children who have passed Grades 1,2,3,4, 5 and even Grade 6!
Children have the opportunity to perform regularly in a range of concerts and other events. Over the past years these have included:
- Ramsbury School Harvest Festival in Ramsbury Church
- Christmas Productions at school
- Ramsbury School Christmas Carol Service in Ramsbury Church
- Choir singing at Link Group tea party
- Ramsbury School Easter Service in Ramsbury Church
- School Summer Concert
- Year 6 Production
- Music for a Summer’s Evening
- Working with Pete Letanka (Jazz pianist)
In addition, children have the opportunity to perform in assemblies on Mondays and Fridays on their chosen instrument. They can also take part in ‘Ramsbury’s Got Talent’ – our own talent show every February.